Graduate Computer Science Program-Level Objectives
The objectives of the Graduate Computer Science Program are that all students will:
- possess a breadth of knowledge in Computer Science, combined with a depth of knowledge in at least one focus area;
- possess the skills and knowledge to enable them to be committed to lifelong learning in Computer Science;
- be knowledgeable about the theoretical foundations of computing and have strong practical application experience;
- be able to make a professional presentation and be able to write a professional paper in Computer Science as part of a team;
- understand and respect the professional standards of ethics expected of a computer scientist and be knowledgeable concerning the history of the computing field.
- be able to analyze and compare the relative merits of alternative software designs, algorithmic approaches, and computer system organization, with respect to a variety of criteria relevant to the task (e.g. efficiency, scalability, security)